[torqueusers] torque 4.2.2 communication error

Peter A Ruprecht peter.ruprecht at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jun 5 13:23:05 MDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to get torque 4.2.2 working on our cluster but it doesn't seem
to be accepting connections from its utilities, even when these are run on
the server itself.  For example:

moab# pbsnodes -a cnode0104
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
Error communicating with moab.rc.colorado.edu(10.128.0.132)
Communication failure.
pbsnodes: cannot connect to server moab.rc.colorado.edu, error=15096
(Error getting connection to socket)

Similarly:

moab# qstat -a
socket_read_num error
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
parse_daemon_response error 15033 Batch protocol error
. . .

I'm not seeing any obvious problems in the system message logs.  (Server
is RHEL6, 64-bit.)

iptables and selinux are off.  This server had been running 2.5.11 just
fine before.

Any suggestions about what else I should be looking for?

Thanks,
Pete Ruprecht
University of Colorado Boulder