[torqueusers] Broken Scheduling Puzzle

Sam Oubari soubari at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 21:24:45 MST 2013

Hello,
I have one but very busy PROD PBS 2.5.11 on x86-64 server using a local pbs_sched and all components and clients are running on the same server.

Currently, if I have jobs from the day before waiting for future exec date, and I qsub a new job with a future time, then qmove it to another queue and qalter it to a more distant future date, then some of the waiting jobs move to Q status at exec time but don't run.  The moved job and all other jobs run as they should.  All the jobs on this server are generally executing simple scripts.  Normally, since 2.4.x, this problem shows up rarely and randomly, but for about a week now, I can re-produce on demand but not on my TEST server.

Any ideas what I should try?

Sam.