[torqueusers] submit job as root in TORQUE 4

Shantanu Gadgil shantanugadgil at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 00:48:45 MST 2013

Hi,

I have a few question regarding job submission as root on CentOS 6 x86_64:

*) Is it possible *at all* to submit jobs as root in TORQUE 4.xx.
   I keep getting the message 'root' is not allowed ...
   Last I'd checked was at version 4.1.x (I don't exactly remember which one)

*) Also, I think (Ken) replied that there was a known issue how CentOS uses getaddrinfo (or maybe getnameinfo) which causes this problem.
Is there a workaround for this on CentOS ?

I know I have asked this before, just was wondering if this is planned at all, or should I just "give up" :) :) on the 'submit as root' thought!

Thanks and Regards,
Shantanu