[torqueusers] PBS environmental variables and -V

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Wed Jan 23 12:54:55 MST 2013

Seems to me that would be by design and you need to be aware of it.
-V basically just takes the output of 'env' and sets anything that is set.
Since you already have PBS_* variables, I would expect them to be set already.

This could be handled by pbs_mom if it were to first sent the -V stuff and then set the PBS_* stuff.
You can do this by iterating through and 'unset' all the PBS_* variables before doing the qsub.

I tend to rend this moot by highly discouraging the use of -V
It's use makes it difficult to troubleshoot when folks use things like "./a.out" to run their programs.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California