[torqueusers] Warewulf NHC 1.2.2 Release

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 23 09:59:00 MST 2013

On Wednesday, 23 January 2013, at 11:37:18 (-0500),
Matthew Britt wrote:

> Thanks Michael.  I've upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.2.2 and tested on
> three different nodes, and the time to run went from an average of
> .45 seconds to 3.5-5 seconds (same config).  How do you enable debug
> mode and does it give timing for each test being done so I can see
> where the time is going?

Do you use LDAP/NIS/etc. or have any userids or UIDs missing from your
passwd file?  Those are the most likely culprit.  While previously
failed lookups would be ignored, it's now using "getent" to try to
resolve them.

Debug mode can be enabled from the config, /etc/sysconfig/nhc, or the
runtime environment by setting DEBUG=1.  It won't give timing info,
though; for that, you might want to use "bash -x /usr/sbin/nhc"
instead.  That should allow you to see where the blocking is
happening.

If it turns out to be the fallback code, it's easy enough to make it
disable-able.  :-)

Thanks for the feedback!

Michael

--