[torqueusers] Max interactive jobs?

Martin Siegert siegert at sfu.ca
Mon Jan 21 14:12:08 MST 2013

Hi Brian,

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 08:53:13PM +0000, Andrus, Brian Contractor wrote:

> I had thought about that, but we use a routing queue based upon walltime.
> Hmm. I'll have to see if I can have a queue that only accepts interactive
> (so non-interactive cannot specify the interactive queue) and then it could
> work.
>
> Brian

we have a routing queue that routes to several queues based on procct and
to an interactive queue, basically:

create queue default
set queue default queue_type = Route
set queue default route_destinations = q1
set queue default route_destinations += qs
set queue default route_destinations += ql
set queue default route_destinations += interactive
create queue qs
set queue qs queue_type = Execution
set queue qs from_route_only = True
set queue qs resources_max.procct = 128
set queue qs resources_min.procct = 2
set queue qs disallowed_types = interactive
create queue interactive
set queue interactive queue_type = Execution
set queue interactive disallowed_types = batch
set queue interactive max_user_queuable = 2

and in the nodes file we have reserved nodes for interactive jobs with
the interactive feature:

b399 np=12 x5650 batch
b400 np=12 x5650 batch
b402 np=24 interactive
b403 np=24 interactive

whereas all other nodes have the batch feature set.

This way users only need to do "qsub -I submitscript.pbs" and the
job will end up on one of the interactive nodes.

Cheers,
Martin

--
Martin Siegert