[torqueusers] resources_available.mem not able to go above 2TB

Coyle, James J [ITACD] jjc at iastate.edu
Mon Jan 21 10:07:09 MST 2013

  With new compute nodes of 256GB, I have tried setting resources available above 2TB (2048GB)

but it seems to wrap at that point.  I assume that the problem is something like this being

saved as an int  in units of KB so that 2 billion KB is the max.

   Is resources_available.mem needed?  (Can it be unset or set to -1 or something so that

it is not enforced?)

   Is this problem addressed in a newer version of torque? (I am currently running 2.5.4 and setting up

version 4 for a newer cluster coming in.)

Thanks,

Jim Coyle
Research Computing Group
115 Durham Center     http://jjc.public.iastate.edu/