[torqueusers] building a department GPU cluster

Hector Oliver hector.ohhm at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 07:22:02 MST 2013

Hello,

I'm Hector Oliver.

i suggest  some configuratios but the most important it's  which GPUs you
think use?

1) is the above HW suitable for a small (2 to 4/6 GPUs) GPU cluster?
   which GPUs you think use?
if use Tesla Fermi, not use mora than 2 by WS.
if use Keppler you can use mora than 2 by WS.
i suggest use almost 4GBfor core of CPU.

2) is torque suitable (or what should we use?) as a queuing and resource
management system? We would like the cluster to be usable by many users
at once in a way that no user has to worry about resources, just like we
do on the CPU cluster with SGE.

Torque its nice but the lastest  releases

3) What distribution of linux would be more appropriate?
taht you prefer (centOS, etc)

4) necessary stack of sw? (cuda, torque, hadoop?, other?)
Yes,Cuda Toolkit

Best Regards in advance.