[torqueusers] Problems with torque/maui mailing lists: missing PTR for supercluster.org IP

thomas.zeiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de thomas.zeiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de
Thu Jan 17 01:43:30 MST 2013

since probably beginning of December, I have severe problems
receiving emails from the torque and maui mailing lists. Our mail
server refuses to accept any emails from supercluster.org because
of a missing PTR Resource Record in DNS. Because of the missing
PTR, reverse DNS lookups do not work for supercluster.org's IP.

Jan 16 11:01:58 bolte82 postfix-rz-in/smtpd[26316]: NOQUEUE: reject:
RCPT from unknown[]: 550 5.7.1 Client host rejected:
cannot find your reverse hostname, [];
from=<torqueusers-bounces at supercluster.org>
to=<thomas.zeiser at rrze.uni-erlangen.de> proto=SMTP

$ host supercluster.org
supercluster.org has address
supercluster.org mail is handled by 0 supercluster.org.
supercluster.org mail is handled by 10 clusterresources.com.

$ nslookup
** server can't find NXDOMAIN

Google's Public DNS servers tells exactly the same:

$ nslookup -
** server can't find NXDOMAIN

Thus, it does not seem to be a local issue at our side but
something Adaptive Computing (or who ever owns supercluster.org)
has to fix.

Kind regards,

Thomas Zeiser