[torqueusers] Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok failed validating ...

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 16 11:39:16 MST 2013

On Tuesday, 15 January 2013, at 17:22:50 (-0500),
Carlos Borroto wrote:

> Ok, it took me some time, but I figured why my rpm packages didn't
> support munge. I didn't realize '--with munge' needed to be set in the
> Makefile. I thought by doing './configure --enable-munge-auth; make
> rpm' I was enabling munge authentication. This is not the case.
>
> In summary changing this line in the Makefile:
> RPM_AC_OPTS =  --with syslog --with scp --without pam --with drmaa
>
> to:
> RPM_AC_OPTS =  --with syslog --with scp --without pam --with drmaa --with munge
>
> Will do the trick. I still don't know why the other two options to not
> use 'ruserok' are not working. Either way, using munge works for me,
> so I'm a happy camper.

This is the wrong way to do this.  Your changes will be lost next time
./configure gets run.

One way would be to make a similar change to Makefile.am and re-run
autogen.sh and ./configure.

However, the most correct way would be to modify configure.ac to
support adding "--with munge" to RPM_AC_OPTS when munge support is
activated.  Here's an example done with syslog support:

  AC_ARG_ENABLE(syslog, [
    --enable-syslog         enable (default) the use of syslog for error reporting],
  [case "${enableval}" in
    yes) SYSLOG=1 ; RPM_AC_OPTS="$RPM_AC_OPTS --with syslog" ;;
    no)  SYSLOG=0 ; RPM_AC_OPTS="$RPM_AC_OPTS --without syslog" ;;
    *)   AC_MSG_ERROR(--enable-syslog cannot take a value.) ;;
  esac],[SYSLOG=1 ; RPM_AC_OPTS="$RPM_AC_OPTS --with syslog"])dnl
  AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(SYSLOG, ${SYSLOG}, [Define to enable syslog])
  AM_CONDITIONAL(USING_SYSLOG, [test "$SYSLOG" = "1"])

The above example shows how the appropriate --with (or --without)
option is appended to RPM_AC_OPTS based on whether or not syslog
support is enabled by ./configure options.  Make a similar change for
munge support and e-mail the patch to the list.  I can take it from
there.  :-)

The same applies to any particular feature for which rpmbuild support
is present (i.e., --with/--without <foo>) but activating support on
the ./configure command line (e.g., --enable-foo or --with-foo) does
not affect the rpmbuild command invoked via "make rpm."

Thanks!
Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>