[torqueusers] Strange error with node connection to outside NIC

Ian Miller ianm at uchicago.edu
Sun Jan 6 16:24:03 MST 2013

Hi all,

I just ran into this problem and i'm having issues resolving it.  The
client seems to want to connection to the outside NIC of are head node.
In "server_name" I have listed the internal NIC name of the head node and
an entry in the local hosts file for the internal NIC of the head node.
Their is nothing listed in DNS for the internal NIC IP which is a 192.168.
Address.

This has been working without problem for a while and I'm not sure what
changed but at this point I really don't care. I'm looking for a fix.
Error below from client logs ...  Any thoughts .     Thx for any help
pbs_mom: LOG_ERROR::No route to host (113) in TMomFinalizeChild, cannot
open interactive qsub socket to host external.domain.edu:44558 - 'cannot
connect to port 777 in client_to_svr - errno:113 No route to host' - check
routing tables/multi-homed host issues

Ian Miller
Research Computing Administrator
ianm at uchicago.edu