[torqueusers] port no.

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Feb 26 12:37:58 MST 2013

Check your $TORQUE_HOME/server_name file on the machine where pbs_server is
running. Make sure it is the host name.

Next, did you create a nodes file in $TORQUE_HOME/server_priv?

$TORQUE_HOME by default is /var/spool/torque.

Ken

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM, Kandlikar, Richa <rkandlik at uncc.edu>wrote:

>  Thanks Ken.
> But when I am starting pbs_server in create mode it is giving me error
> stating that could not contact any of the servers to send an update.
> What should I do...any suggestions?
> *Subject:* Re: [torqueusers] port no.
>
>  By default pbs_server receives requests at port 15001. pbs_mom gets
> updates from the server on port 15002 and moms communicate with each other
> on port 15003.
>
> trqauthd listens on port 15005.
>
> You can specify ports when you start pbs_server and pbs_mom but it is not
> necessary.
>
> Regards
>
> Ken
>
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM, Kandlikar, Richa <rkandlik at uncc.edu>wrote:
>
>>  How the port no. is assigned to torque while configuring it on
>> pbs_server?
>> In my case I am not able to connect to that port. Every time I am getting
>> an error message saying could not contact any of the servers to send an
>> update.

Ken Nielson
+1 801.717.3700 office +1 801.717.3738 fax
1712 S. East Bay Blvd, Suite 300  Provo, UT  84606
www.adaptivecomputing.com