[torqueusers] blocked jobs

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Fri Feb 22 10:17:06 MST 2013

All,

We have a user that submits very sizeable array jobs, but also limits the flow on them (-t 0-15000%50).
This is fine for a while, but eventually most of his jobs end up blocked. They cannot run because the slot limit is reached, so they are deferred. But then they are deferred beyond the max defer time and get blocked.
Is there a way to reset the state such that the array elements are back in the queue and neither deferred nor blocked? So far I have been iterating through them and using qrun to get them going when the resources are available.

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California