[torqueusers] TORQUE 4.2.0 available for download

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Feb 20 11:33:17 MST 2013

Hello all,

TORQUE 4.2.0 is available for download on the Adaptive Computing website.

The following features and improvements have been added to the release:

Intel Xeon Phi (MIC) support
Converted to C++ which improves code correctness
Addition of mutex lock class which eliminates abandoned mutex lock deadlocks
Extensive use of Coverity static code analysis to remove potential bugs

Thanks to Michael Jennings from Lawrence Berkeley Labs and Matt Ezell from
NOAA who did extensive testing for us and also made several contributions
to the code base. We also want to thank the many others who also have
helped test this version of TORQUE to help make it the best 4.x release to
date.

TORQUE has moved to GitHub as the official code download location. Users
can download TORQUE source from GitHub using the following command:

git clone https://github.com/adaptivecomputing/torque.git -b 4.2.0 4.2.0

Users can also download a tar ball from our web site at
https://www.adaptivecomputing.com/support-old/download-center/torque-download/

Please use caution when installing new versions of TORQUE to your system.
We recommend users to test the software in a safe environment before
deploying into full production.

Moab users can contact Adaptive Computing support for assistance in
upgrading.

Thanks to everyone who has made this release possible.

Regards

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing