[torqueusers] Torque job accounting: figuring out run duration

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Fri Feb 8 12:15:00 MST 2013

Nick Lindberg nlindberg at mkei.org wrote:
> But I haven't been able to figure out how to figure out how long a job ran for.  Does anybody know what ctime, qtime, and etime and start stand for?  I can wager a guess at etime and qtime, but I still don't see anywhere that shows me job time.
>
> I was hoping to be able to go back and look at individual jobs and how long they ran for use in accounting (more specifically, being able to subtract core-hours for a job that was either run accidentally or as a test)

Years ago I wrote some simple scripts for generating Torque accounting reports
from the accounting log files.  It's doing the job for us and a number of other
sites.  One of the helper scripts is "pbsjobs" which prints 1 line per completed
job, but in general you generate summary reports with pbsacct or pbsreportmonth.

You can download these scripts from
ftp://ftp.fysik.dtu.dk/pub/Torque/pbsacct-1.4.7.tar.gz

Regards,
Ole