[torqueusers] Torque job accounting: figuring out run duration

Nick Lindberg nlindberg at mkei.org
Thu Feb 7 15:44:53 MST 2013

I have the following enabled in qmgr:

record_job_info = True
record_job_script = True

Per those parameters, I am familiar with the job information being stored in:

The basic format is:

01/17/2013 17:34:10;S;38254.hpc01;user=nlindberg group=nlindberg jobname=Job175 queue=batch ctime=1357945580 qtime=1357945580 etime=1357945580 start=1358465650 owner=nlindberg exec_host={compute node names} Resource_List.neednodes=1 Resource_List.nodect=1 Resource_List.nodes=1 Resource_List.procs=232 Resource_List.walltime=240:00:00

But I haven't been able to figure out how to figure out how long a job ran for.  Does anybody know what ctime, qtime, and etime and start stand for?  I can wager a guess at etime and qtime, but I still don't see anywhere that shows me job time.

I was hoping to be able to go back and look at individual jobs and how long they ran for use in accounting (more specifically, being able to subtract core-hours for a job that was either run accidentally or as a test)

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong spot, or I don't have something turned on correctly.  I also use Moab, but thought it might be easier to query the Torque accounting.

Nick Lindberg
Sr. Consulting Engineer, HPC
Milwaukee Institute
414.727.6413 (W)