[torqueusers] ANNOUNCE: pestat v.2.12: Print a 1-line summary of jobs on each node

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Tue Feb 5 06:14:42 MST 2013

Christoph (Stucki) von Stuckrad stucki at mi.fu-berlin.de wrote:
> Two things did surprise me
>
> 1) the nodename column is to short (and could have dynamic width)?
> (I fixed it statically for here and now)

Do you mean that the header line's "node" column is too short for your
node names?  Do you have an example output from your system?  If anyone
is using FQDN node names, should pestat print the FQDN or strip the
domain part?

> 2) Why does -help' wait for the 'netload file' :-)
> Would it be possible to check for 'usage' first?
> Is something from netload needed to decide on parameters?

Yes, the netload file stuff will be moved until after the command option
parsing.

Caveat: We're still running Torque 2.3, so I didn't test pestat with
later Torque versions.  It was tested with Torque 2.5 at another site
some time ago.

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark