[torqueusers] torque does not submit jobs

Sangmin Park dorimosiada at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 23:22:59 MST 2013

Hello,

I'm newbie in torque scheduler.
I made two queue, q1 and q2.
if I submitted jobs with q1 only, it worked correctly.
Also, if I submitted jobs with q2 only, it worked correctly.
However, if I submitted jobs with q1 and q2, one of queue was working
correctly, but another queue did not submit jobs correctly.
Each queue has 16 cores.
When I submitted 80 jobs with q1, 16 jobs were submitted on nodes and 64
jobs was staying queue status. After a job finished, a job in queuing
status was submitted.
So, whole cores were used for calculation.
In this status, if I submitted 80 jobs with q2, 16 jobs were submmitted on
nodes and 64 jobs was staying queue status. And if a jobs finished, a job
in queuing status has to submit. But, it's not even
available cores are remained.
64 jobs still were staying queue status. Running jobs finished in order and
it could not submitted jobs in queue status until available core is up to 8
or 9 cores.
If available cores reaches to 8 or 9 cores, jobs in queue status submitted
at once.

I have no idea why it is..
Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advanced.