[torqueusers] PBS on 1 node 64 cores

Neelima Chavali gneelima at vt.edu
Mon Dec 30 13:17:59 MST 2013

Hello All,

I am trying to install PBS on a 1 node 64 core AMD machine. I tried
following instructions given here
http://www.clusterresources.com/torquedocs21/1.1installation.shtml

I am stuck in step 1.2.1.2 ./torque.setup

I get this error

$ sudo ./torque.setup  user
initializing TORQUE (admin: xxx at xxx.edu)
./torque.setup: line 45: pbs_server: command not found
ERROR: pbs_server failed to start, check syslog and server logs for more
information

$ which pbs_server
/usr/local/sbin/pbs_server

$ ls -l /usr/local/sbin/pbs_server
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 3097146 Dec 28 23:20 /usr/local/sbin/pbs_server

I don't understand how a program installed as root cannot be seen by root.
Regardless can someone offer suggestions on how to get around this issue?

Regards,