[torqueusers] heterogeneous nodes

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Tue Dec 10 11:56:46 MST 2013

----- Original Message -----

| Hi,

| We have just added torque 4.1.7 and maui 3.3.1 to our CentOS 6.4
| cluster and I am trying to figure out how to set up the queues and
| scheduler for our usage.
| We have Harpertown, Westmere and Sandy Bridge nodes. I could create a
| queue for each type but I was hoping to find a way of keeping multi
| node mpi jobs within the same type of nodes without having to
| specify a queue.

| In other words I would like to submit a job without knowing which
| type of nodes will be available but have the job sent to identical
| nodes. Is that possible?

| Thanks,
| tiago

| # Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
| # Lowestift, UK

| This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient
| only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or
| copying is not permitted. If you have received it in error, please
| destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a
| non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the
| author's own and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas.
| Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or
| recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for
| other lawful purposes.

You could just specify a generic resource for each type and then request that for each job

nodea harpertown
nodeb sandybridge
nodec westmere

and then a user could request that resource to get nodes of the same type

--

James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices

“A successful person is one who can lay a solid foundation from the bricks others have thrown at them.” -David Brinkley via Luke Shaw