[torqueusers] heterogeneous nodes

Tiago Silva (Cefas) tiago.silva at cefas.co.uk
Tue Dec 10 05:58:06 MST 2013

Hi,

We have just added torque 4.1.7 and maui 3.3.1 to our CentOS 6.4 cluster and I am trying to figure out how to set up the queues and scheduler for our usage.
We have Harpertown, Westmere and Sandy Bridge nodes. I could create a queue for each type but I was hoping to find a way of keeping multi node mpi jobs within the same type of nodes without having to specify a queue.

In other words I would like to submit a job without knowing which type of nodes will be available but have the job sent to identical nodes. Is that possible?

Thanks,
tiago

# Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
# Lowestift, UK
This email and any attachments are intended for the named recipient only. Its unauthorised use, distribution, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
If you have received it in error, please destroy all copies and notify the sender. In messages of a non-business nature, the views and opinions expressed are the author's own
and do not necessarily reflect those of Cefas.
Communications on Cefas’ computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.