[torqueusers] Who Has the most users?

Seth T Graham sether at fnal.gov
Wed Aug 28 11:44:13 MDT 2013

~6000 user accounts here, but a tiny fraction of them actually run jobs these days.

It has generated some scalability problems, over the years we've tried local password files, massive numbers of nis servers, nscd, you name it. Recently we began implementing nss_db which seems to be working well, but it's not been fully rolled out at this point.

torque itself has handled the numbers without any complaints.