[torqueusers] torque 3.0.5 with gpu

Eva Hocks hocks at sdsc.edu
Wed Aug 28 18:31:44 MDT 2013

I am running torque 3.0.5 compiled  with --enable-nvidia-gpus.

On the gpu node I installed cuda 5.0 and the devices get created
/dev/nvidia0  /dev/nvidia2  /dev/nvidia4  /dev/nvidia6
/dev/nvidia1  /dev/nvidia3  /dev/nvidia5  /dev/nvidia7

there is NO error message when torque mom starts (on non-gpu nodes:
Not using Nvidia gpu support even though built with --enable-nvidia-gpus)

Nevertheless when I try to use the $PBS_GPUFILE I get an error:

/var/spool/torque/aux//746456.tscc-mgr.localgpu: No such file or directory

Why does torque not create this file? It does create the $PBS_NODEFILE
file all right.

Any help to get that file created would be appreciated.
Thanks
Eva