[torqueusers] Who Has the most users?

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 28 12:03:51 MDT 2013

On Wednesday, 28 August 2013, at 11:54:57 (-0600),
David Beer wrote:

> We are asking because we're just curious how many users sites
> have. Someone was asked me how many users the biggest sites had, so
> I just wanted to ask to find out. I believe the person was asking me
> to find out where we are in order to gauge how much work it'll be to
> support more users going forward.

Fair enough.  Though I suspect the support burden is more accurately
defined in terms of nodes and jobs; I'm not sure simultaneous users is
really a significant factor...is it?  Is there an appreciable
difference in TORQUE between 1 user with 30,000 jobs and 300 users
with 100 jobs each?

> As a note on establishing limits in the code - our goal is to remove limits
> from the code. A big part of moving to C++ is the desire to more readily
> support resizing containers and data structures, and I hope people see that
> we're trying to remove static limits on quantities in our code.

Yay!  I hope the Moab engineers are following suit!  ;-)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Senior HPC Systems Engineer