[torqueusers] Who Has the most users?

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Aug 28 11:49:15 MDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM, David Beer
<dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance, but I'm curious how many users are a lot of users for a
> cluster. Does anyone out there use more than 500?

We have over 500, and we're not that big.  We're considered
"midrange."  The larger centers like NERSC and LLNL have user counts
well into the thousands.

Are you asking because you're establishing some sort of limit in the
code, or for testing purposes, or...?  If you want to test scaling
properties, you'll need to tack another order of magnitude on there.
:-)

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>