[torqueusers] switching pbs_sched to maui while in production?

Rob Holmes Rob.Holmes at bmtwbm.com.au
Tue Aug 27 22:20:40 MDT 2013

Hi all,

I foresee the need to switch to maui in the near future, as pbs_sched is reaching the limits of its usefulness.  Our small cluster usually doesn’t have a queue on it unless things are very busy (i.e. jobs start running straight away).  Would it be possible to switch from pbs_sched to maui while in production, or would I need to clear the cluster of jobs first?  If it is possible, am I best to wait for a time when there are no jobs queuing (but probably a few running)?

The cluster is currently down for other reasons.  I’m wondering if I need to rush through a maui installation and try to get it working now, or am I OK to wait a while and test it over the coming few days.  I really only have about 2 hours to get it up and running now, so I’d rather wait and test.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Holmes
Environmental Scientist – Catchments & Receiving Environments
BMT WBM Pty Ltd

Tel: +61 7 3831 6744
Website:  www.bmtwbm.com.au

[cid:image771a97.GIF at f7a9508c.4e86d39c]

LinkedIn<http://www.bmt.org/linkedin/> | Twitter<http://www.twitter.com/bmtgroup><http://www.twitter.com/bmtgroup> | Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/BMTGroup><http://www.facebook.com/BMTGroup><http://www.tuflow.com/Support.aspx> | YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/bmtgroupltd>

[cid:image218389.GIF at c998ce1a.48a093fc]

BMT WBM Pty Ltd, Level 8, 200 Creek Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 Australia

E-mail confidentiality notice and disclaimer:
<http://www.bmt.org/times100best>The contents of this e-mail are intended for the use of the mail addressee(s) shown. If you are not that person, you are not allowed to read, action, copy, forward, distribute or disclose the contents and you should delete it from your system. BMT WBM accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this e-mail, nor does it accept liability for statements which are those of the author and clearly not made on behalf of the company.

Commercial Terms and Conditions:
Unless otherwise agreed by BMT WBM in writing, all services or products supplied by BMT WBM shall be subject to and governed by BMT WBM’s standard terms and conditions, which are available upon request.