[torqueusers] [Mauiusers] Allow only specific jobs on specific nodes

Burkhard Bunk bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de
Fri Aug 23 15:13:47 MDT 2013

Hi,

I observered that as well: maui will not place a reservation on a
node in offline/down state, and if the node comes back online, maui
has to be restarted for the reservation to take effect. In this way,
jobs could start on nodes where they shouldn't.

If this is a serious problem, I would define a property on the
complementary set of nodes and specify this property as
resources_default.neednodes for all other queues (or maybe as
default for all queues in the server section). This should be more robust
w.r.t offline/down states, as the node properties don't care about
node states.

If there is a way to make the maui reservations react instantly to
changes in node state, I would like to know.

Regards,
Burkhard Bunk.
  bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de      Physics Institute, Humboldt University
  fax:    ++49-30 2093 7628     Newtonstr. 15
  phone:  ++49-30 2093 7980     12489 Berlin, Germany