[torqueusers] RE : [PROVENANCE INTERNET] RE : Fwd: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Release of Job Monarch v1.0

LAHAYE Olivier olivier.lahaye at cea.fr
Tue Apr 23 06:36:15 MDT 2013

Hi,

I've created a spec file that is more complient with the rpm system and more complete.

Could you integrate it in the next version?

Features:
- 1 spec file for one tarball rule: Thus rpmbuild  -tb (tar build) works
- 2 no forbidden redefine (_rpmdir, _rpmfilename)
- 3 no need to set _unpackaged_files_terminate_build 0 (this is bad)
- 4 more sofisticated post install scripts.
- 5 No hardcoded systemdirs (using %_bindir %_sbindir ... instead.).

Please, also never include files named *.spec that are not complete in a tarball or rpmbuild -tb <tarball> will fail.

Please update the makefile to:
- generate the .spec file from .spec.in
- when doing make dist (or tarball), generates and include the final specfile in the tarball so rpmbuild -tb works.
 (same for debian if possible (I'll give a look))
Also note that for the rpm, no need to repeat the install in the Makefile, the spec file is doing this, thus I think that we should end with the following in the Makefile:
a dist: rule (or source_tarball: or the like) rule responsible of generating the .tar.bz2
  It would create the .spec and debian/ directories from the .spec.in and debian.in/ dirs. (setting versions and such)
a deb: rule depending on dist
a rpm: rule depending on dist doing the following:
   rpmbuild -tb the tarball
  OR if you want to move the result elswhere:
   rpmbuild -tb --define "rpmdir ../' --define 'rpmfilename "%{name}-%{version}-%{release}.rpm"' <tarball>
   (this is bad to change the filename structure).

If you want, I can give a try to refactor the Makefile, making it more easy to read and maintain.

Best regards,

Olivier.
--
   Olivier LAHAYE