[torqueusers] NHC 1.3 in Beta for MoabCon 2013
mej at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 2 18:42:11 MDT 2013
This is the last major feature addition I had planned for NHC 1.3, so
now it's in "Beta." If you're interested in giving it a whirl, please
obtain the sources from https://warewulf.lbl.gov/svn/trunk/nhc or
e-mail me privately for a tarball/RPM.
Quick change/feature summary since 1.2.2:
- nhc.cron /tmp file overwrite fix
- Detached mode can optionally fail on first run
- check_dmi_data_match and check_dmi_raw_data_match to match against
- check_hw_ib now supports Infiniband device names
- Full support for SLURM (lightly tested) and SGE (untested)
- Online-/offline-only support for IBM Platform LSF (untested)
- CLI options and variable settings support (per previous e-mail)
- check_fs_inodes, check_fs_ifree, and check_fs_iused inode-based FS
checks (required separate invocation of "df")
- Added support for byte suffixes (k/M/G/etc.) to mem/swap checks
- check_file_contents as described in below commit message
If you have non-production resources and are willing to help beta test
NHC 1.3 on them, I'd love to hear your feedback!
If nobody screams by Friday, I'll call it good and do a release so it
can be out in time for MoabCon. :-)
----- Forwarded message from commits at warewulf.lbl.gov -----
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 17:09:16 -0700
From: commits at warewulf.lbl.gov
To: warewulf-devel at lbl.gov
Subject: [Warewulf-devel] r1346 - Added new check: check_file_contents() will scan through a file
Date: 2013-04-02 17:09:16 -0700 (Tue, 02 Apr 2013)
New Revision: 1346
Added new check: check_file_contents() will scan through a file
looking for matches to one or more patterns (regular expressions or
globs). The check will succeed iff all patterns are successfully
matched against individual lines in the file.
Some real-world usage examples:
check_file_contents /etc/passwd '/^root:x:0:0:[^:]*:/root:/bin/[a-z]*sh$/'
check_file_contents /etc/passwd 'adminusr:*' 'slurm:*' 'sshd:*'
check_file_contents /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config '$pbsserver master'
check_file_contents /etc/hosts '10.0.0.10*master'
check_file_contents /proc/cgroups 'cpuset*1'
<actual diff removed>
----- End forwarded message -----
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Senior HPC Systems Engineer
High-Performance Computing Services
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Bldg 50B-3209E W: 510-495-2687
MS 050B-3209 F: 510-486-8615
More information about the torqueusers