[torqueusers] NHC 1.3 in Beta for MoabCon 2013

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Tue Apr 2 18:42:11 MDT 2013

This is the last major feature addition I had planned for NHC 1.3, so
now it's in "Beta."  If you're interested in giving it a whirl, please
obtain the sources from https://warewulf.lbl.gov/svn/trunk/nhc or
e-mail me privately for a tarball/RPM.

Quick change/feature summary since 1.2.2:
 - nhc.cron /tmp file overwrite fix
 - Detached mode can optionally fail on first run
 - check_dmi_data_match and check_dmi_raw_data_match to match against
   `dmidecode` output
 - check_hw_ib now supports Infiniband device names
 - Full support for SLURM (lightly tested) and SGE (untested)
 - Online-/offline-only support for IBM Platform LSF (untested)
 - CLI options and variable settings support (per previous e-mail)
 - check_fs_inodes, check_fs_ifree, and check_fs_iused inode-based FS
   checks (required separate invocation of "df")
 - Added support for byte suffixes (k/M/G/etc.) to mem/swap checks
 - check_file_contents as described in below commit message

If you have non-production resources and are willing to help beta test
NHC 1.3 on them, I'd love to hear your feedback!

If nobody screams by Friday, I'll call it good and do a release so it
can be out in time for MoabCon.  :-)

Thanks!
Michael

----- Forwarded message from commits at warewulf.lbl.gov -----