[torqueusers] Need help setting up a lone machine

Jonathan Gough jonathan.d.gough at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:00:41 MDT 2012

Dear All,

I am trying to set up a single ubuntu linux 12.04 machine that is running
torque.  All I want to do is be able to que jobs to run on that one
machine.  therefore it is supposed to be running pbs_mom and pbs_server.

I installed the following packages vi synaptic:
torque-scheduler
torque-common
torque-client
torque-mom
libtorque2
torque-server

*I thought there was some confusion in the hostsnames and I ended up
changing things around.... now nothing is working.*
*
*
*I think I have really messed things up and I can't seem to fix it.  here
is what i have in the following files:*

/etc/hostname
jonathan-M-601A

/etc/hosts
148.4.36.77     jonathan-M-601A.local jonathan-M-601A
127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain localhost

/var/spool/torque/server_name
jonathan-M-601A

/var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config
$pbsserver jonathan-M-601A
$usecp jonathan-M-601A:/home /home

/var/spool/torque/server_priv/nodes
jonathan-M-601A np=4

*if I try *
echo "sleep 30" | qsub
qsub: Bad UID for job execution MSG=ruserok failed validating
jonathan/jonathan from jonathan-M-601A.local

*If I try to add myself as a manager or operator, I get *
 qmgr -c "set server operators += jonathan at jonathan-M-601A"
qmgr obj= svr=default: Bad ACL entry in host list MSG=First bad host:
jonathan-M-601A

*the following command give:*
 qmgr -c 'p s'
#
#
#
# Create and define queue batch
#
create queue batch
set queue batch queue_type = Execution
set queue batch resources_default.nodes = 1
set queue batch resources_default.walltime = 01:00:00
set queue batch enabled = True
set queue batch started = True
#
# Set server attributes.