[torqueusers] query job memory limits

Burlen Loring bloring at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 5 12:45:48 MDT 2012

Hi,

Is it possible to query a job's memory limit from withing the running
program? I'm assuming that there may be a node/host wide total imposed
by the batch system. For example on an SGI UV which looks like a single
host to the program, I'd like to be able to know how much ram my all
processes in my program can use in order to size internal caches
appropriately. It seems that this limit is enforced by the batch system,
however there doesn't seem to be consistency across various sites. Any
advise would be greatly appreciated.

Burlen