[torqueusers] inspecting running jobs

Lloyd Brown lloyd_brown at byu.edu
Wed Sep 5 09:57:32 MDT 2012

This may not be very automatable, but the best tool (at least in Linux)
in my opinion is "pstree -p".  The running process will be a child (or
grandchild, etc.) of a process named something like
"jobnumber.schedulerhostname".  So, if you use pstree (with the "-p" to
show process IDs), search for the PID of the hard-hitting process, and
then follow it back up the tree, you should find something.

Lloyd Brown
Systems Administrator
Fulton Supercomputing Lab
Brigham Young University