[torqueusers] Submitting very short jobs

Jon Tegner tegner at renget.se
Sat Oct 27 22:09:44 MDT 2012

Hi,

we have for a long time used maui/torque, and it has worked really well
for out applications (mpi-jobs with many cores and execution times of
days/weeks).

But, we have other applications which instead consists of
hundreds/thousands of single core very short applications (a few seconds).

Haven't tried yet, but I imagine that due overhead it would be
inefficient to use maui/torque in the same way as we have done previously.

I'm sure I'm not the first one with this kind of problem, and am just
wondering if there are any best practices regarding this kind of problem.

Thanks!

/jon