[torqueusers] epilogue

Craig Tierney craig.tierney at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 26 08:42:57 MDT 2012

This is a known bug as of at least 4.1.1.  It is supposedly being
worked on.  I am hoping it is fixed in 4.1.3.

I know of another site (and which I plan to do as well) is to put a
work around in.  In pseudo-code:

epifn=/tmp/epilog.ran.$PBS_JOBID

if [ -f $epifn ]; then
  echo "Epilogue already ran exiting"
  exit
fi

touch $epifn
# rest of your epilog

I say it is pseudo code because I haven't done this myself yet and I
don't know if the exit will mess up the return code of the job or not,
and if $PBS_JOBID is actually defined or you need to use one of the
other arguments to the script to get that value.

Craig