[torqueusers] Submit jobs as root using TORQUE 4.1.x

Shantanu Gadgil shantanugadgil at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 25 07:06:47 MDT 2012

Hi,

I know have asked this before and was wondering whether this is possible or actually removed from TORQUE 4.x ?

Using CentOS 6.x as my server node, I am not able to submit jobs as root.

The steps available in the docs works with TORQUE v3.

Has the 'submit job as root' functionality been actually removed from the 4.x series completely?

The last I knew it was some issue with "the way localhost is resolved by the call getaddrinfo"

Is there any workaround which I can do on my CentOS 6 server to get this working?

Regards,
Shantanu