[torqueusers] Torque 4.1.2 does not accept hostname with '-'

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Mon Oct 22 18:33:00 MDT 2012

On Monday, 22 October 2012, at 13:21:02 (-0400),
Ezell, Matthew A. wrote:

> Interesting.  Without the first patch, I couldn't start jobs.  Without the
> second, jobs never showed as completed or disappeared from the server.  Do
> your jobs fail to start, or fail to exit?  Is there any difference if you
> do a single-node job versus a multi-node job?
>
> If you turn logging up to 7 on the pbs_server and pbs_moms, is there
> anything interesting written to the logs?

Nothing that has stood out.  We've got a ticket open with Adaptive
that they're working on.  The failures are intermittent, and we see
failures in both starting jobs and exiting jobs.

Based on what you describe, it's likely a different problem
altogether.  Darn; I was hoping the mystery was solved!

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>
Senior HPC Systems Engineer