[torqueusers] Maui is not submitting jobs to torque

Jonathan Barber jonathan.barber at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 05:36:02 MDT 2012

On 10 October 2012 20:30, Alessandra Forti <Alessandra.Forti at cern.ch> wrote:
> Hi,

[snip]

> 10/10 13:37:39 MRMCheckEvents()
> 10/10 13:37:39 INFO:     no PBS sched socket connections ready
> 10/10 13:37:39 MSUAcceptClient(6,ClientSD,HostName,TCP)
> 10/10 13:37:39 INFO:     accept call failed, errno: 11 (Resource temporarily
> unavailable)
> 10/10 13:37:39 INFO:     all clients connected.  servicing requests
>
> which leaves me perplexed since in other places with a different log level
> it sees the jobs waiting on the server so somehow some comunication happens
> and other doesn't

I see these same messages from maui 3.3.1. It is probably not a
problem for you, but it I believe it is a small bug in Maui.

The problem is that the socket has the flag O_NONBLOCK set. However,
when the MSUAcceptClient() call's accept() to see if a client is
connecting, it doesn't take this into account.

I've attached a patch for the attention of the maintainers. It
quietens the output and works for the 3.3.1 branch and applies cleanly
against the trunk (so it also work there).

Regards
--
Jonathan Barber <jonathan.barber at gmail.com>