[torqueusers] qsub produces Undefined attribute error

Antonino Lenzo ablenzo at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:48:01 MDT 2012

Hello friends.  And thank you, Gus, for answering my prior question.

I uninstalled torque and started fresh using the documentation as an example (/usr/share/doc/torque-3.0.3/README.Fedora).  I am running FC16 as well as the latest version of torque.  Although this is a cluster (3 machines) I am only working to get the master node working at this time.

When I submit a job to torque I get the following error:
qsub: submit error (Undefined attribute  MSG=detected presence of an unknown attribute)

I am not sure why.

Following I have a list of steps I took in order to complete the installation.  Please have a look and let me know what I might have missed.  Thanks all,
ablen

1 – Log into server as root

2 – yum install openssl-devel

3 - yum install libxml2-devel

4 – yum –y install ‘torque*’

5 – vi /etc/torque/server_name so
that it has only these contents:

mysrv

6 - vi /etc/torque/mom/config so
that it has only these contents:

$pbs_server mysrv

7 - /usr/sbin/pbs_server -D -t
create

might have to ctrl-c out of this – if so, that seems to
cause no problems.

8 – service pbs_server start

9 - /usr/local/sbin/trqauthd start

10 – Configure torque with these
commands:

qmgr -c "s s
scheduling=true"

qmgr -c "c q batch
queue_type=execution"

qmgr -c "s q batch
started=true"

qmgr -c "s q batch
enabled=true"

qmgr -c "s q batch
resources_default.nodes=1"

qmgr -c "s q batch
resources_default.walltime=3600"

qmgr -c "s s
default_queue=batch"

11 – Add one batch worker to your
pbs_server:  (I actually have no idea what this does)

qmgr -c "c n mysrv"

12 – Start pbs_mom and pbs_sched
daemons.

service pbs_mom start

service pbs_sched start

13 – Use chkconfig to start these
services at boot time:

/sbin/chkconfig pbs_mom on

/sbin/chkconfig pbs_server on

/sbin/chkconfig pbs_sched on

14 – Use a non-root account to
submit a test job and check the settings like so:

pbsnodes -l
free

qsub <<EOF

hostname

echo "Hi I am a batch job
running in torque"

EOF

qstat

NOTE - I get the following error after finishing the qsub command:

[myaccount at mysrv ~]$ pbsnodes -l free
mysrv         free
[myaccount at mysrv ~]$ qsub <<EOF
> hostname
> echo "Hi I am a batch job running in torque"
> EOF
qsub: submit error (Undefined attribute  MSG=detected presence of an unknown attribute)
[myaccount at mysrv ~]$