[torqueusers] Restricting allocation of certain node types

Burkhard Bunk bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 8 03:03:27 MDT 2012

Hi,

as a simple solution, you may try configure the default settings in torque
(not maui) with something like

 	resources_default.nodes = slow
or	resources_default.nodes = 1:slow

either at queue level or even for the server as a whole. These can be
overriden by qsub options (in contrast to settings of "neednodes", which
are mandatory for the users).
I haven't tried this with node properties so far, but I know that
"resources_default.nodes = 1:ppn=4" provides a default allocation which
can be changed by explicit user commands.

Regards,
Burkhard Bunk.
  bunk at physik.hu-berlin.de      Physics Institute, Humboldt University
  fax:    ++49-30 2093 7628     Newtonstr. 15
  phone:  ++49-30 2093 7980     12489 Berlin, Germany