[torqueusers] Torque 4.X status

Bas van der Vlies basv at sara.nl
Mon Oct 1 07:56:32 MDT 2012

I am in the process installing torque 4.X on our test cluster and i am following the trunk branch. I know it is bleeding edge.

 What i want to know is how reliable is the server communication for the Torque 4.X version. I know installed the trunk version
(revision 6869) and can not connect to the server with torque commands. I tried a lot of options and even recreate the server
database but no luck. I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago and after some svn updates the problem went away. So i suppose
that there are a lot of changes in the server/client communication area.

error message from trqauth:
{{{
Can not send close message to pbs_server!! (socket #5)
Conn to gb-r7n1 port 15001 Fail. Conn 56961 not authorized (dm = 8, Err Num 15033)
Error (9-Bad file descriptor) writing 15 bytes to socket (write_socket) data [+2+22+591+4root]
Can not send close message to pbs_server!! (socket #5)
}}}

error message pbsnodes:
{{{
15:55 gb-r7n1.irc.sara.nl:/root
root# pbsnodes
Error code - 15033 : message [Batch protocol error]
parse_daemon_response error
Error communicating with gb-r7n1.irc.sara.nl(192.168.145.17)
Communication failure.
pbsnodes: cannot connect to server gb-r7n1.irc.sara.nl, error=15096 (Error getting connection to socket)
}}}
*  Bas van der Vlies                    e-mail: basv at sara.nl       *
*  SARA - Academic Computing Services   Amsterdam, The Netherlands *