[torqueusers] Getting Torque 2.x/Maui 3.x to work on CentOS 6?

Ole Holm Nielsen Ole.H.Nielsen at fysik.dtu.dk
Mon Nov 26 08:20:21 MST 2012

Ole Holm Nielsen wrote:
> We're upgrading our cluster to CentOS 6.3 and would like to run recent
> versions of Torque 2.x and Maui 3.x.  Unfortunately, it seems that with
> Torque version 2.5.12 and Maui (version 3.3.1 as well as 3.2.6p21
> tested), Maui often wants to run jobs on nodes that are already full
> with running jobs.  It seems that we have the same problem as described
> in this July 2012 posting (with no solution posted):
> http://www.supercluster.org/pipermail/torqueusers/2012-July/014848.html
>
> QUESTION:
> ---------
> Can anyone recommend versions of Torque 2.x and Maui 3.x which have been
> demonstrated to work correctly on CentOS 6.x?
>
> Our older cluster installation runs Torque 2.3.7 and Maui 3.2.6p21 on
> CentOS 5.3 and works like a charm.  Perhaps we should go back to Torque
> 2.3 on CentOS 6 as well?

For the record: We have downgraded our CentOS 6.3 cluster to Torque
2.3.7 and Maui 3.2.6p21. This setup seems to work very well, we have
found no glitches after several days of production.

We CANNOT recommend using Torque 2.5 with Maui!

--
Ole Holm Nielsen
Department of Physics, Technical University of Denmark