[torqueusers] PBS error: pbs_iff: file not setuid root, likely misconfigured

mauede at alice.it mauede at alice.it
Fri Nov 16 11:50:49 MST 2012

       Dear PBS experts,
I am just a PBS user. I would greatly appreciate your opinion about the following problem.
I have written a main bash script that submits a number of Monte Carlo simulations as batch jobs through a temporary file.
This scheme works on a small cluster. I am trying to make it work on a much bigger cluster as I need more CPU power and speed. Unluckily in the big cluster I get a PBS error for each qsub spawned by my main bash script.
I enabled the bash debugger. Here is an excerpt from the output.err:

++ qsub -V -N BeamSimula_BEAM_Field_1.0 -j oe -o /hippocrates2/monville/egsnrc/IMRTSim-Umbrella-3_copyUltraNewLast/output_BEAM_Field_1.0.txt -q hippocrates -l nodes=1:ppn=1 -l walltime=1000:00:00 -m a -M Maura.Monville at newcastle.edu.au /tmp/tmp.CqpmY10659
pbs_iff: file not setuid root, likely misconfigured
pbs_iff: cannot connect to headnode:15001 - fatal error, errno=13 (Permission denied) cannot bind to port 1023 in client_to_svr - errno: 13 Permission denied
No Permission.
qsub: cannot connect to server headnode (errno=15007) Unauthorized Request

How can I work around this systematic "pbs_iff" error ?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Maura