[torqueusers] MOAB_INFO: job exceeded wallclock limit

Mark Henshall Mark.Henshall at cancer.org.uk
Wed Nov 14 02:44:02 MST 2012

pbs_mom is throwing the job away, which is probably not what you want -
put this:

$ignwalltime true

in /var/spool/torque/mom_priv/config

Then you need to look at setting a reasonable default walltime in
torque on the server - this will set it to be 7 days:

set queue batch resources_default.walltime = 7:00:00:00

After that, you would need to tell the people submitting jobs that if
they want jobs to run for longer than 7 days, they need to set a
walltime when they run msub.

Quoting Hongsheng Zhao <zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>:

> Hi all,
>
> I use pbs as the queue manage system.  Now, when I submit job with it, I
> meet the following error:
>
> --------------
> Message 20:
> From adm at node32.nxu.edu.cn  Thu Oct 18 02:52:52 2012
> To: zhaohongsheng at node32.nxu.edu.cn
> Subject: PBS JOB 3746.node32
> Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 02:52:52 +0800 (CST)
> From: adm at node32.nxu.edu.cn (root)
>
> PBS Job Id: 3746.node32
> Job Name:   ZnE
> Exec host:
> node26/7+node26/6+node26/5+node26/4+node26/3+node26/2+node26/1+node26/0
> job deleted
> Job deleted at request of root at node32
> MOAB_INFO:  job exceeded wallclock limit

Mark Henshall
Unix Administrator
Cancer Research UK London Research Institute
Lincoln's Inn Fields Laboratories
44 Lincoln's Inn Fields
London WC2A 3LY
Registered charity number 1089464

t: 0207 269 3602
m: 07890664727
f: 0207 061 8011
e: Mark.Henshall at cancer.org.uk

NOTICE AND DISCLAIMER
This e-mail (including any attachments) is intended for the above-named person(s). If you are not the intended recipient, notify the sender immediately, delete this email from your system and do not disclose or use for any purpose.

We may monitor all incoming and outgoing emails in line with current legislation. We have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, but it remains your responsibility to ensure that viruses do not adversely affect you.
Cancer Research UK
Registered charity in England and Wales (1089464), Scotland (SC041666) and the Isle of Man (1103)
A company limited by guarantee.  Registered company in England and Wales (4325234) and the Isle of Man (5713F).
Registered Office Address: Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD.