[torqueusers] Prevent users to run commands directly

Henryk Modzelewski hmodzelewski at eos.ubc.ca
Wed Nov 7 20:34:43 MST 2012

Mahmood,

A clean solution is to use mom's prologue/epilogue to modify /etc/security/access.conf to add/remove particular user access privileges as controlled by pam access module. Users can still cheat around this once they have jobs running, but it takes some creativity to do so. I have been using this solution effectively for many years, and only occasionally had to punish somebody by deleting their non-torque processes.

Henryk
Henryk Modzelewski, UBC EOS, SLIM/WFRT
Contact info: http://www.eos.ubc.ca/~henryk/

"If you get the results that you expected,
it does not always mean that you get the correct results."