[torqueusers] Major Problem with pbs_server database being corrupted

Ezell, Matthew A. ezellma at ornl.gov
Mon Nov 5 11:14:37 MST 2012

On 11/3/12 7:29 PM, "Mike Dacre" <mike.dacre at gmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks for that.  Unfortunately, that probably means I need to move back
>to version 3, since I can't use 4.1.  Does anyone have any idea if the
>hyphen-in-hostname problem is going to be fixed any time soon in 4.1?

4.1.2 definitely had problems with hostnames with dashes, but some fixes
went into 4.1.3.  I'm running 5 pbs_servers (4.1.3) on hosts that have
dashes in them without any problems.  Some other users have reported that
issues persist in 4.1.3, but it works fine here.  I would recommend trying
4.1.3 before reverting to 3.x.

Next time you see this serverdb corruption, save off a copy of the
"broken" serverdb file.  That might help find the source of the problem.

Matt Ezell
HPC Systems Administrator
Oak Ridge National Laboratory