[torqueusers] #PBS -V in version 2.5.10

Sreedhar Manchu sm4082 at nyu.edu
Mon Mar 19 17:37:14 MDT 2012

We are also having this problem. Serious problem with this version is some pbs variables are not being defined (PBS_JOBNAME PBS_JOBID). This is the reason you don't see err and out files ( I am assuming user has these variables in pbs -e and -o directives). If you have compiled torque with --enable-syslog you can see in the logs on compute nodes that it can't create them since variables are undefined.

I asked users to mention absolute path. For parallel jobs and array jobs I am sourcing a script file through wrapper. This script file defines pbs_nodefile that is needed for parallel jobs and array id for array jobs.

Strangely, if I restart pbs_mom it works ok for the user who had failed jobs before. But after a while it happens all again for different user. I checked 2.5.11 and there are not that many differences between this and 2.5.10. Not sure upgrading to 11 would solve this problem.

Sreedhar.

--
Sent from my phone. Please excuse my brevity and any typos.