[torqueusers] Only a fraction of jobs are being run

Nima Mohammadi nima.irt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 12:59:02 MDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Nima Mohammadi <nima.irt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
> It's new year's eve (Nowruz) in my country and apparently I've got the
> entire cluster to myself during holidays. So now that everyone is
> celebrating, I was going to submit my job array of hundreds of jobs to
> the queue. But unfortunately only a fraction of them run
> simultaneously, and others get into queue waiting for running jobs to
> get completed.
>

> Queue batch
>        queue_type = Execution
>        total_jobs = 213
>        state_count = Transit:0 Queued:202 Held:0 Waiting:0 Running:10 Exiting:0
>        resources_max.cput = 20000:00:00
>        resources_min.cput = 00:00:01
>        resources_default.cput = 10000:00:00
>        resources_default.nodes = 2
>        resources_default.walltime = 100:00:00
>        mtime = Mon Mar 19 18:53:51 2012
>        resources_assigned.mem = 0b
>        resources_assigned.nodect = 10
>        enabled = True
>        started = True
>
> -- Nima Mohammadi

I guess my problem has something to do with the value of
resources_assigned.nodect. But even though that I'm in manager group,
I don't seem to be able the change its value:

Qmgr: set queue batch resources_assigned.nodect = 20
qmgr obj=batch svr=default: Cannot set attribute, read only or
insufficient permission  resources_assigned.nodect

I also created another queue. I could change any parameters of the
queue I could think of, except resources_assigned.nodect.

-- Nima Mohammadi