[torqueusers] Torque-4.0 bug? conflicting types for get_svrport

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Mar 16 14:01:56 MDT 2012

Steven,

I didn't know that this bug went all the way back to Maui. It turns out
that Moab (and Maui I suppose) both called functions not in the pbs_ifl.h
file, and had incorrect declarations for these functions. Since you're
doing this in Maui, you may need to update the source code to use the same
declaration as is in the pbs_ifl.h file. I apologize for this
inconvenience, we should've put this in the release notes but we just
didn't know that this bug went all the way back to Maui.

David

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 12:22 PM, DuChene, StevenX A <
stevenx.a.duchene at intel.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to compile Maui-3.3.1 on a system where I recently
> installed Torque-4.0 rpms I built from the spec file included with the
> Torque 4.0 sources. I am getting the following error out when the system
> attempts to build MPBSI.c
>
> gcc -I../../include/ -I/usr/local/maui/include     -I/usr/include/torque
> -D__LINUX   -D__MPBS        -g -O2 -D__M64  -c MPBSI.c
> MPBSI.c:177: error: conflicting types for âget_svrportâ
> /usr/include/torque/pbs_ifl.h:681: note: previous declaration of
> âget_svrportâ was here
> MPBSI.c:178: error: conflicting types for âopenrmâ
> /usr/include/torque/pbs_ifl.h:682: note: previous declaration of âopenrmâ
> was here
> make[1]: *** [MPBSI.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/maui-3.3.1/src/moab'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> --
> Steven DuChene

David Beer | Software Engineer