[torqueusers] [torquedev] command line -q option

John Rosenquist jrosenquist at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Mar 8 14:19:11 MST 2012

Doh. My bad. Let me be more specific.
I'm only looking at removing the ones where -q means quiet.

pestat -q in contrib
pbsnodes -q (qnodes being an alias to pbsnodes)
tracejob

Thanks, John.

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 10:40 AM, Troy Baer <tbaer at utk.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, 2012-03-08 at 10:32 -0700, John Rosenquist wrote:
> > This is John Rosenquist, I'm one of the developers at Adaptive Computing
> > working on torque.
> >
> > I was wondering if anyone uses the -q option on any of the commands
> > (pbsnodes, etc). The purpose is to suppress all output from the command.
> >
> > I would like to get rid of it.
> >
> > Please let me know if anyone is using this feature.
>
> I think you're going to have to be more specific about exactly which
> commands you mean.  (For instance, if you remove the -q option from
> qsub, you may have a riot on your hands...)
>
>        --Troy
> --
> Troy Baer, Senior HPC System Administrator
> National Institute for Computational Sciences, University of Tennessee
> http://www.nics.tennessee.edu/
> Phone:  865-241-4233

John Rosenquist | Torque Developer
Direct Line: 801.341.4629 | Fax: 801.717.3738
1656 S. East Bay Blvd. Suite #300 | Provo, Utah 84601 | USA
Adaptive Computing, Ent.