[torqueusers] Job Allocation on Nodes

Svancara, Randall rsvancara at wsu.edu
Wed Mar 7 14:26:58 MST 2012

Perhaps this question has been answered before.  I have users who want to distribute jobs equally amongst nodes.  What I am observing at the moment is that when a user submits a job with nodes=12:ppn=3, the job uses three nodes with 12 cores per node.  Is there a way to make the job use only three cores per node.  How can I prevent this or setup some kind of affinity for following the user's job requirements?

I have looked node_pack, but I am unsure if this does what I need.  Currently node_pack is set to false.

Thanks,

Randall Svancara
High Performance Computing Systems Administrator
Washington State University
509-335-3039